Join the AOIC
Association of Independent Celebrants Membership
The Association of Independent Celebrants warmly welcomes new members at all times; this includes newly trained celebrants, experienced celebrants and corporate membership for groups of celebrants working together under one company name.
We strive to provide our membership with the support and resources they require to be the most professional celebrants in the UK and overseas.
Your AOIC membership provides you with insurance cover up to the value of £5,000,000 for any one claim in respect of Public Liability and £1,000,000 for any one claim in respect of Professional Indemnity whilst you are engaged in the business of working as an independent celebrant, whether it be in the UK or overseas.
We also offer many other benefits to promote you and to assist you in your work and will continue to add to this list:
- Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance certificates
- A comprehensive listing on our website placed under every county or country in which you are prepared to work
- An AOIC name badge and ID card
- Brochures, leaflets and other literature to help you to promote your services
- A 20% discount on website design services via True Promise Design
- Professional support and investigation in the event of a formal complaint being made against you or your company
- A Funeral and Wedding Service Resource Manual
- Useful downloads including contracts, certificates and logos
- AOIC Support – telephone counselling at times of trouble or distress
- Grief Chat – a free online counselling service for your clients
- Regular newsletters containing information of interest, including personal development and training opportunities
- A group voice when lobbying for political change, for example regarding current marriage laws
- Support and advice from fellow members and the opportunity to share best practice and experience
- The reassurance of being part of a collaborative celebrant community, while still remaining independent!
If you have any questions please contact our administrator, Kim.
Application & Fees
A joining fee of £50.00 will be charged to all applicants or per company for Corporate Membership. To support new celebrants that have trained on one of our recommended training courses the AOIC will waive the £50 fee.
We offer all new members a 12-month discounted subscription rate of £200, thereafter, it is (currently) £300 for individual members and £200 per person for corporate members.
Membership fees can be paid by monthly standing order with no additional costs. Alternatively, you can pay in full by electronic transfer.
You can join at anytime. After your first year, our Membership is run on an annual basis, and renewed on the 1st April each year. The level of subscription charged will be reviewed each financial year. Should there be any change to the subscription fee it will not take effect until a full year from the date you join.
Join the AOIC today
If you are interested in joining the AOIC please contact our office manager Kim Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by telephone to 074 6919 2644.
Emails will be answered within 48 hours during the working week.
AOIC Registered office
c/o 72a Westfield Road
Barton Upon Humber
Contact telephone number 07469 192644