Association of Independent Celebrants Membership
Providing our membership with the support and resources they require to be the most professional Celebrants in the UK and overseas.
The Association of Independent Celebrants warmly welcomes new members at all times including Corporate Membership for groups of Celebrants working together under one Company name.
Your AOIC membership provides you with Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurances in the sum of £5,000,000 cover for Public Liability and £1,000,000 for Professional Indemnity whilst you are engaged in the business of working as an independent celebrant whether it be in the UK or Overseas.
We also offer many other benefits to promote you and to assist you in your work and will continue to add to this list.
These benefits include:
• Your individual AOIC badge with your name printed on it.
• A personal AOIC ID Card with your photograph on it.
• Your own personal Insurance Document.
• A comprehensive listing on our website placed under every county or country in which you or your company are prepared to work.
• A group voice when lobbying for political change, for example regarding current marriage laws;
*Professional support and investigation in the event of a formal complaint being made against you or your company. *Regular newsletters with information of interest, including Personal Development and other Training opportunities; details of meetings, which you are welcome to attend. AOIC’s future plans; Members’ achievements, and much more.
• A Funeral Service Resource Manual.
• Brochures for both Funeral and Family Celebrancy.
•Promotional material sent out on your behalf to Funeral Directors, Wedding Venues, Event Planners etc. *Access to the Members only area of the website where you will find useful downloads including Contracts, Certificates and Logos, you can use on your personal stationery. Seek advice or help from fellow members. Join in any discussions taking place in any of the forums. Add your own opinions and much more.
• The AOIC are proud to be the only Celebrant Trade Body that assists members with telephone help at times of trouble and distress. In partnership with Said Assist we provide a free telephone counselling service.
The comfort of knowing that there are other colleagues out there to help and support you, while still remaining ‘independent’!
Joining the AOIC – Criteria 1/2
Those who are already practicing and experienced in conducting Ceremonies including: practicing Celebrants (with 6+ months experience); Registrars; Members of the Clergy;
Applicants will be asked to provide the contact details of:
• Two professionals or organisations (e.g. Funeral Director/Wedding Event Organisers) for whom the applicant has regularly conducted ceremonies;
• Two couples or families for whom the applicant has conducted ceremonies (e.g. wedding/civil partnership, baby naming);
• Details of all relevant training courses the applicant has completed, and copies of certificates pertaining to these courses;
• Two full service scripts of each type of Service/Ceremony written in full by the applicant.
Joining the AOIC – Criteria 2/2
For those who have just completed Celebrancy Training but who have not yet started work.
Applicants will be asked to supply (with the exception of applicants who have taken and passed the NOCN Level 3 Course with either Mountain Celebrations Ltd., or Civil Ceremonies Ltd):
Proof of their training course(s) with all relevant certificates;
Support is offered through your Regional Committee Member. They are in a position to offer advice and guidance where needed or they can seek further advice using the many resources provided by the AOIC.
Subsequently, the applicant will be asked to write a full script for 3 of the Services/Ceremonies they attended with their Mentor: these scripts will be submitted to the AOIC committee as part of the membership assessment.
Joining the AOIC – Criteria 2/3 – Corporate Membership
For Celebrant Companies with several Celebrants working together under one company name.
Each individual Company Member will be asked to supply:
• Proof of their training course(s) with all relevant certificates.
The Company will be asked to supply:
• The contact details of 2 professionals or organisations (e.g. Funeral Director/Wedding Event Organisers) for whom the Company has conducted ceremonies;
• The contact details of 2 couples or families for whom the Company has conducted ceremonies (e.g. wedding/civil partnership, baby naming)
*A full script for 3 of each type of Service/Ceremony Company Members will be using as Members of the AOIC: these scripts will be submitted to the AOIC committee as part of the Company’s Membership assessment.
AOIC Membership Fees
A joining fee of £50.00 will be charged to all individual applicants or per company for Corporate Membership (other than those trained by Mountain Celebrations Ltd., and Civil Ceremonies Ltd. or who have trained with trainers with whom the AOIC have a special arrangement – please check with your Trainer) to cover expenses such as registering members, taking up references, assessing submitted scripts, and issuing ID badges and membership cards/certificates.
The current individual Membership fee is £300 pa which can be paid by monthly standing order at £25 pm. However, for your first year of Membership, the AOIC are now pleased to be able to offer you a discount of £100, which can be paid monthly by standing order at £16.66 pm
For Corporate Membership the current Membership fee is £200 pa. per individual Company Member, which can be paid by monthly standing order at £16.66 per individual Company Member.
Our Membership is renewed on the 1 st April each year and the level of subscription charged will be reviewed each financial year. Should there be any change to the subscription fee it will not take effect until a year from when members joined/last renewed.
Members paying their subscriptions on an annual basis will be reminded that their next subscription is due a month prior to the renewal date.
New Members who join the AOIC during the course of our financial year and who wish to pay their subscriptions on an annual basis will only be asked to pay subscriptions for the number of months from the month they join the AOIC until the next Membership Renewal date (31 st March); at which time they will be asked to pay the full subscription amount for the following 12 months.
Join the AOIC Today
If you are interested in joining the AOIC please contact our Membership Secretary, Kim Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Emails will be answered by the administrator within 48 hours during the working week.